Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11 The Horrors Remembered

Everyone remembers where they were when they found out about the attacks on 9/11. I was sitting in my office working on 2002 projections when I received an IM from my brother "hey Sammy some idiot just flew into one of the trade center towers.

I was
working for one of the Cable TV networks at the time so I had a TV in my office. I turned on the TV to se e the second tower impact--I thought it was an instant replay of the first one. collapsed. At twelve noon there was an announcement that the east river crossings were once again open. I raced for the garage and began a 40 mile drive that took way of over four hours.

Much of the rest of the morning is a blur, my staff crowded
into my office where we watched in horror as people jumped off a tower to their deaths. Then again as each tower

I worked near Times Square about two miles from the now smoldering ruins of the towers. I can still feel the air. As I breathed it felt like I was inhaling particles along with the oxygen.

I remember the surreal visions from my car as I drove home later in the day: the shocked people who were crowding the street, struggling to get off that tiny island as soon as possible. The impenetrable curtain of black over the East River I saw out the car window as I went over the 59th Street Bridge was accompanied by a noxious smell of the burning seeping in through the car vents.

September 11 was not the first terrorist attack on the United States. That attack was foreshadowed by incidents such as the first trade center bombing and the attack on the USS Cole in Yemen.

Those earlier acts were treated by the United States as crimes, each perpetuated by small group of terrorist operators. It was only after 9/11 that this country realized that there was a worldwide network of people willing to kill them selves to bring down our way of life. Only after 9/11 did we stop searching for "criminals" and begin a war against terrorism.

Six years later there are some who would have us give up that war...give into the terrorists. They would have us go through these horrors again.
These are so
me of the sights of 9/11/01. The Horrors, the Heroes. May we never forget the day our lives changed. May we always honor those heroes. May the memories of the dead always be for a blessing.






































Here is a link-fest of wonderful folks making 9-11 tribute posts, I’m sure I’ll miss someone, please don’t be offended if I don’t have your site listed, just send me an email and I will get you included ASAP…

An Ol’ Broads Ramblings Blah Blah Blog Lord Nazh’s Daily Ramble But That’s Just My Opinion 123beta American and Proud American Truckers at War Reject the U.N. TexasFred’s Diamond in the Rough Long Live the Republic Lubbock Marine Parents Basti Say’s For Serenity’s Sake Political Vindication Blue Star Chronicles Rantings, Ramblings, and Other Miscellaneous Stuff The Median Sib Pierre Legrand Isn’t it Rich GM’s Corner The Discerning Texan Southern Sass on Crime YID With LID Driving Out The Snakes Conservative Cowboy INSIGHT on Freedom Freedom Eden JB’s Corner Israel Matzav Potpourri Warriors For Innocence Big Dog’s Weblog The Outraged Spleen of Zion DeMediacratic Nation Blonde Sagacity Dragon Lady’s World Hillbilly White Trash Pirate’s Cove Invincible Armor MamaArcher’s Blog 1389 Blog Antijihadist Tech Traction Control Freedom’s Cost Miss Beth’s Victory Dance Big White Hat Ironic Surrealism II Cav Mom LittleOleLady Mover Mike

God Bless you one and all!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a fireman(retired) and I will NEVER FORGET 911 !!