Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Yerushalaim Shel Zahav (Jerusalem of Gold)-a Tribute



Today marks the 41st anniversary of the reunification of Jerusalem, the holy City in the Holy land
If you have been to Jerusalem you have never truly felt the presence of God
Its not something that I can explain in words its like what my mom used to tell me about Yiddish, there is no translation.

Thank you Hashem for allowing us to once again feel your presence in your holy city. Please prevent the politicians in the Israeli Government who do not want connect with you from giving away the gift you gave us so long ago.


If I forget thee, O Jerusalem,
let my right hand forget her cunning.

If I do not remember thee,
let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth;
if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.

-Psalm 137


Yerushalaim Shel Zahav (Jerusalem of Gold)

Yerushalayim ...

The air of the mountains is as clear as wine

And the fragrance of the pine trees

Is lifted upon the evening breeze

With the ringing of the bells

And in the deep sleep of the tree and the stone

Held captive in a dream

The city which sits alone

And in her heart, a wall

Jerusalem of gold

And of copper and of light

For all of your songs

I am the harp

How the water cisterns have dried up

The city square is empty

Nobody goes up to the Temple Mount

In the Old City

And in the caves of the rocks

Winds howl

And no one goes down to the Dead Sea

Upon the Jericho Road

Jerusalem of gold...

Although I come to sing to you today

And to tie crowns upon you

I am less than the youngest of your sons

And the last of the sweet singers

For your name singes the lips

Like the kiss of the serpent

If I forget thee, oh Jerusalem

She is completely golden

Jerusalem of gold...

We have returned to the water cisterns

To the marketplace and the square

A shofar calls out on the Temple Mount

In the Old City

And in the caves in the rocks

A thousand suns shine forth

And again we will go down to the Dead Sea

Upon the Jericho Road

Jerusalem of gold...

No comments: