Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Shariah Creep in the British Toybox

Looks like our British Friends are following our lead. In the United States we had Fisher Price (Mattel) marketing the Little Mommy Cuddle & Coo Doll, a doll that spews Islamic propaganda (See: BABY DOLLIE TALKING DAWAH ....bwahahaha). That was followed by Nintendo's foray into Muslim Propaganda Baby Pals

Coming to your friendly neighborhood in Britain is the desi doll. Unlike the American Toys, these dolls are supposed to speak phases from the Quran:
Muslim doll to teach children Quranic Arabic to go on sale in Asda
A 'Muslim Doll' to help Asian immigrant children learn Quranic Arabic will on sale in Asda next month, as the supermarket group launches a major drive into the ethnic market.


The dolls are the creation of a former Goldman Sachs banker determined to inject some fun into young children's Islamic study.


The 18 inch high soft doll, packaged as "Talking Muslim Doll", speaks various phrases if you squeeze their foot, with the girl doll saying: "As-Salamu'Alaikum," the traditional islamic greeting, "my name is Aamina and I am a Muslim."


The boy doll, called Yousuf, comes wearing a mosque cap. Both say essential Quranic words, phrases and surahs (prayers) and, crucially, translate the Arabic sentences into English.....


The dolls will initially be sold in the Bradford branch of Asda, which it hopes will become a blue print for the supermarket's plans to dominate the ethnic market.........Noor Ali, Ethnic non-food buyer at Asda, said: "The dolls are just a small part of our expansion into ethnic non-grocery arena. Our ethnic food range has seen a 90 per cent increase year on year and we see a big opportunity for further growth."


If successful, the range including the dolls will be rolled out across any Asda store in an area with a high proportion of ethnic customers.


The £24.99 Muslim Dolls are primarily aimed at Asian families that want their English speaking children to have a good grasp of the Arabic phrases that will hear at home or in a mosque.


Mrs Rahman has three children under the age of 8 and started the company when she had twins two years ago and decided to leave her job as a fund manager at Goldman Sachs.
She admits that the dolls have caused a few Islamic people to express concerns she is trivialising the learning of the Quaran, and is nervous – in the week of the Golliwog row – how they will be perceived.


But she is confident that most people will realise they are fun. "There are a lot worse things you could buy for your children. They are certainly far more educational than most video games," she said, adding that her research showed the wife of Mohammed had played with dolls.
Of course she did, Mohammed married his favorite wife Aisha when she was SIX:
Sahih Bukhari volume 5, book 58, number 234
Narrated Aisha: the prophet engaged (married) me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, um ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became alright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some ansari women who said, "best wishes and Allah's blessing and a good luck." then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.

Sahih bukhari volume 8, book 73, number 151
Narrated 'Aisha: I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the prophet, and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's apostle used to enter (my dwelling place) they used to hide themselves, but the prophet would call them to join and play with me. (the playing with the dolls and similar images is forbidden, but it was allowed for 'Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty.) (Fateh-al-bari page 143, vol.13)

1 comment:

Findalis said...

Barbie's been saying these quotes for years and only recently was taken off the market.

Those are 2 ugly dolls (and not in the Cabbage Patch Ugly way). Why would any child play with them?