Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Monday, July 27, 2009

UK: Burka Uniform Mandate for Police Visits to Mosques

NOTE: Yesterday afternoon and evening, I spent the afternoon and evening hooked up to wires and sensors courtesy of my doctor. One of my temporary appendages was a mask over my nose which prevented me from putting on my glasses and seeing a computer screen (my daughter said I looked like the guy from Friday the 13th). Not wanting to leave my readers with only two articles to read on a week day, I made a desperate phone call to my friend Pamela Geller at Atlas Shrugs, and asked her to cross post one of her great articles, which she did gladly.  The below is her fine work, and I just wanted to thank her publicly for "being there" when I needed her.  Thank you Pamela. After you read the article below, Please Visit her site ATLAS SHRUGS You will not be disappointed.



Tolerance gone mad.

PC police force issues its WPCs with Muslim headscarves complete with badge for mosque visits

Women police officers are being issued with headscarves to wear when they visit a mosque.

They are expected to put the scarfs on shortly before they enter the mosque, in keeping with Islamic custom.

There are two versions - one matches the black of a police officer's uniform, while another goes with the blue uniforms worn by community support officers.

The headscarves are being given out by Avon and Somerset Police, and have the force's emblem sewn on.

They have already been given to seven officers, including Assistant Chief Constable Jackie Roberts, and eight community support officers who work with Muslim groups in the area.

Mrs Roberts said: 'It recognises and respects the cultural and religious practices of our communities. This is a very positive addition to the uniform and one which I'm sure will be a welcome item for many of our officers.'

There are two versions of the head covering - to match the black of a police officer's uniform and the blue of the police community support officer's uniform

'This will go a long way in encouraging a trustful relationship between the police and the Muslim community. The police have been working closely with the Muslim community for the last few years

No comments: