Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Alan Colmes' Fox News Meltdown In Defense of Congressman Weiner

Chalk up another victim of the Anthony Weiner scandal. Somewhere in a progressive asylum talker Alan Colmes must be laying on the floor in a fetal position. The guy practically had a meltdown while defending Congressman Weiner on Fox News today.  In a discussion about the resignation of Weiner,  Colmes cried that it was “a shame” that a man who was “probably trying to preserve his dignity and his marriage” through lies and slander had to lose his job.  “I don’t think that’s a reason to step down, sadly,” Colmes concluded. 

That's when sparks began to fly. The progressive puppet said that, while he doesn‘t condone Weiner’s behavior, it’s a shame that the embattled congressman may be forced to step down. He said:
“Unless we find out that he broke the law … then that’s a different story. Or unless he thinks that something else might come out where he broke the law, then I think it’s a shame that a personal situation like this should result in him having to leave his job.”

“I’m not condoning his behavior,” said Colmes, “but this has nothing to do with whether or not he’s a good congressman. I want someone in office, not to be my moral guide, but to vote the way I want them to vote.”



If Colmes truly cared about Weiner he would be happy the Congressman decided to resign.  He can now take the time to concentrate on saving his marriage. It is the best decision for his wife because it takes the scandal out of  the press so she wont have to be barraged with the new scandal news 24/7. It is also good for his district as he was about to be stripped of all committee assignments. And finally it is good for the Country as we may be spared from more press conferences from the bottom feeding Gloria Allred.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

nieuwe_zijde said...

I disagree. This is probably the first time in my life that I agree with Colmes, but he makes perfect sense to me. Weiner is a total jerk, no argument here, but if he is the one his electorate wishes to have as their representative, whose business is it to argue?

And by the way, Colmes is right again suggesting that Weiner should run in the special election for the seat he has just vacated.