Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Friday, November 22, 2013

When JFK Cut Taxes (Video)

Fifty years ago,  President John F. Kennedy was shot and killed and the nation mourned. I would be less than honest if I told you I remembered much about the day.  I was a six year old who two months earlier began first grade. School ended early and I walked home (remember when you could do that?). 

I remember that I cried most of the day, not because of JFK's death because I didn't understand that, but because my cartoons were preempted. The next day with my family, I remember watching live Jack Ruby walking up to Lee Harvey Oswald and shooting him to death.

The video below is a newsreel clip of JFK announcing Tax Cuts in 2002, I show it because rather than reflecting about the day he died, its better to show how he lived. Even more importantly I show it because It really pisses off progressives.


No comments: