Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Buzz Aldrin's Travel Voucher To The Moon

Buzz Aldrin On The Moon In Front Of The LEM
This has to be one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Buzz Aldrin posted on his Facebook Page his travel voucher for his trip to the moon aboard Apollo 11. Yes he had to fill out a travel voucher and got payed back for some expenses

My favorite part was his travel agenda...it was so nonchalant, Cape Kennedy, Fla----> Moon---> Pacific Ocean (USN Hornett)--->Hawaii, and return to Houston Texas.  I mean this was the agenda for the first landing on the moon. (Sorry If I keep gushing, but that moon landing was one of the coolest events in my life).





Here's page one of the voucher...




Then of course there was Buzz Aldrin's expenses. I love the notation Gov. Spacecraft for the Saturn V rocket/command module and then the Lunar Excursion Module, those things were so much more exciting than Gov. Spacecraft.


The LEM is at the top of the page and below is the Apollo 11 Command Module piloted by Michael Collins is below:



The names Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, and Michael Collins, those three brave explorers, were the heroes of my generation.  Forty-six years later, those three names and talk of their historic mission makes still make me feel like an awestruck twelve-year-old . Even though I've had 46 years to think about it--- I still cannot come up with a better word for that 240,000 trip from earth to the moon than cool.  If you are old enough to have seen the moon landing live, than you probably use that word also---it was the definitive cool event!

Thanks Buzz for sharing these documents.

No comments: