Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Monday, October 16, 2006

How Sean Green Has Changed the NY Mets

As a transplanted New Yorker, it would be natural for me to root for the NY Mets in the National League Championship Series. But here in Tennessee, the St. Louis Cardinals are the hometown favorites, so I was torn between which of the two teams to root for. That is until I got this picture sent to me:

4 comments:

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

I don't want to rain on your parade, but that photo is very clearly doctored. I highly doubt Sean Green even purchased a lulav and etrog. He came up with some bizarre comprimise for the Yomim Noraim when he was on the Dodgers. If I am remembering things correctly, he played on Erev Yom Kippur but not on Yom Kippur or something like that. He's not very religious.

Unknown said...

Fern
I am aware that it was a doctored picture, It was a joke.
FYI This year he played on Rosh Hashana and took off Yom Kippur.

I am sure that Jose Reyes and Carlos Delgado have never held a Lulav or Etrog (although I am not sure of Carlos Belran) and I know for sure the Mets have never done a Hoshana parade around Shea Stadium.

But I have heard that they do it in Dodger Stadium (can you confirm that ?)

But seriously I do appreciate you reading, and I hope you had a joyous Simcah Torah. (When do you take your BAR exams?)

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

I guess I shouldn't read funny blog posts late at night as apparently my sense of humor turns in to a pumpkin at midnight. ;-)

I took the bar in July and won't get my results until November.

Unknown said...

No Prob, sometimes I read things I wrote a few days later and need to figure out what I said. The worst was on a news group, where someone used a post of mine, that also ran elsewhere, called Jew TV to prove a point. And when I found it and told him it was a satire (if you read it---its pretty obvious) he said, what do you mean it doesnt read that way.