Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Wednesday, November 8, 2006

I Pray that I was wrong, I fear that I was not

Today I got almost 200 emails. Once I got rid the spam my filter missed, I was left with some passionate comments about the election, some extremely joyous, some profoundly sad. Even though I have spent much of the day in the profoundly sad category, both reactions are probably wrong.

In the end we Republicans did it to ourselves. We failed to articulate how good the economy is doing. We didn’t show the American people the successes in Iraq. We didn’t make people understand that the War on Terror is not a “conventional” battle. The Grand Old Party better figure out how to communcate things better...and soon. The campaign for President starts tomorrow.

When I dahvened this morning, I prayed that everything I said about the Democrats over the last few months was wrong. I prayed that congress wouldn’t force the President to hand the terrorists their biggest victory since Oslo. I prayed that they would leave the economy alone as it is humming on all cylinders. I begged my maker to make me eat crow (or the Kosher version) with regards to the Anti-Israel undercurrent that has been taking over the Democratic Party. I pray that I was wrong. I fear that I am not.

Yesterday’s election separates us from the Islamic Fascists who are trying to kill us. The party in power lost, a different philosophy won, yet there were no gun battles, no mass rapes, no suicide bombers no clerics enticing us with 72 virgins.

By Lunchtime the New Speaker of the House said that she was looking forward to working closely with the President. And to cooperation easier, Rumsfeld quits (Fired?). We do it through debate, discussion and free elections, and in the end that’s is why democracy will win out.

Oh don’t worry, I am not turning into a softie, over the next two years we must remain vigilant. Open out mouths, scream bloody murder when the Dems are wrong, but we also must show the difference between the parties. Unlike what we have seen over the last six years we must try to work together with the Democrats rather than adopting their practice of being contrary for the sake of being contrary.

OK Dems you have the congress, together we will work to build the country, but remember we are watching you.
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

Douglas V. Gibbs said...

It won't long before they make everyone mad - - idiocy is not hard to hide. . .except during election drives.

AtlasShrugs.com said...

I don't buy the the Democrat line of bullshit.
They are saying "lets all just get along" so they can pass their miserable legislation? When they wouldnt give an inch in 6 years..
And they are taking investigations, impeachment, etc.

The jihadis are dancing

Neo-Con Tastic said...

Th truth is, this wasn't a loss for us. Yes, initially it's going to hurt and over the next two years we'll struggle as a nation but the Republicans will come back with a vengeance in 2008.

The public will realize that they've elected incompetent, cut-and-run politicians that will try and dig our grave. It won't happen, the public will understand the importance of voting for conservatives and then we'll have our day.

Anonymous said...

I don't buy the Dems 'can't we all just get along' either. The warrants and hearings will start befor you can say 'we lost the election and it's our own darn fault'.

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

I'm not as devastated as I thought I would be. First, a lot of the Dems who got elected last night are pretty conservative. The Dems aren't going to be able to vote lock-step on a lot of issues. Second, I think some of the Republicans who lost last night needed to go. We spent too much time, money and effort trying to save people like Chaffey and Burns. Chaffey isn't a Republican, he was only worthwhile because he caucused with us. But come on, we need to use our time and money on congressmen who actually vote Republican. I'm all for a big tent party, but our tent can't be so big that it includes Democrats. And we can't afford to have congressmen with ethical problems like Burns. I don't want to have to defend the GOP on ethics grounds. Finally, the Dems being in control of both houses means that they're actually going to have to take positions on issues and they're going to have to take responsibility for stuff when it goes wrong. They can't be the party that only stands for opposing Bush anymore.

Another interesting thing for Jewish Republicans is that this election looks like it could be good for the career of Eric Cantor. I think he's got a strong shot at being assistant minority whip, but I hear rumors that some want him to run for minority leader. Hugh Hewitt said on his radio show this afternoon that he would strongly support Cantor or minority leader.

a.k.a. Blandly Urbane said...

"OK Dems you have the congress, together we will work to build the country, but remember we are watching you."

Yes, we'll be watching and the Dems will employ their "license" linguists to help spread the word.

San Fran Nan et al, I am sure already have the wording prepared as to what Bush said/did/didn't...that caused the Dems to break with any idea of bipartisanship.

The Dems according to, oddly enough the Dems, were elected to straighten out the Iraq situation. and get us out. This is their mandate. Why they would think they were elected for any other reason is a mystery to me. They have been screaming from the rooftops ever since they realized Bush manipulated and tricked them into signing on for the Iraq invasion.

For all their talk of 'lies from the Right,' I have never seen a more dishonest vision of reality than with what we have been seeing for years now.

I don't know that '08 will be a big boon for Republicans. The Dems were the minority and had the louder and more false political voice. Now they will be in the majority; they won't quiet down, nor will they speak with anything but the forked tongue they have perfected.