Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

All I Ever Really Needed to Know About the Middle East I learned From Bush's Trip (With Apologies to Robert Fulgham)

It was Robert Fulgham who taught me that All I Ever Really Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarten in fact, I have those words of Wisdom hanging in My home office. This week I learned something new. I learned that All I Ever Really Needed to Know I About the Middle East I learned From Bush's Trip. Read the following and see what I mean:

Most of what I really need to know about how to make peace in the Middle East, and what to do to your closest ally, and how to be a friend , I learned from Bush's trip. Wisdom was not at the top of a mountain or by observing what is really happening, but there in the sands of Saudi Arabia and other Oil Producing Nations.

These are the things I learned: Share everything that is Israel's. Only Arab Refugees count no mention can be made of the Jewish refugees, even though they were the ones that were forced out of their homes. Reward Terrorism. Take back your words and promises. Create a mess for someone else to clean up. Palestinians are allowed to take things that were never theirs. Its OK to hurt somebody as long as they are Jewish Israelis not Arabs. Wash your hands of Israeli spies who passed along information that Israel was supposed to have anyway and have been in jail much, much too long. Call for Israel to be a Jewish State and Flush that Idea down the toilet. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you but Jewish ownership of their own holy sites are not. Live a pro-Arab life so the rest of the world will say you are balanced. Learn some and think only a bit and draw conclusions that will make Condi Rice and the Arabist State Department sing and dance and play with happiness.

Take a slap at Israel every afternoon. When you go out into the world, watch for the way the wind is blowing and whether its morally correct or not grab its hands, and stick together. Be aware of nothing. Do not remember the little seed in Sedrot The roots go down and the plant goes up and then it is destroyed by a Qassam, but Israel must make peace with those people anyway.

Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the plastic cup they all die. And your one sided promises will result in their deaths as well as the deaths of Israeli and Palestinian children.

And then remember the book about Dick and Jane and the first word you learned, the biggest word of all: LOOK. Everything you need to know is in there somewhere. The Golden Rule and love and basic sanitation, ecology and politics and sane living all go out the window when you are dealing with Saudi Arabia, the biggest exporter of terrorism. All that is true is forgotten in the world of the Middle East

Think of what a better world it would be if we all ~the whole world had cookies and milk about 3 o'clock every afternoon and then lay down with our blankets for a nap. Or if we had a basic policy in our nation and other nations to always put things back where we found them to clean up our own messes, or that even Israel has a right to its own capital city. And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out into the world, it is best to hold hands with those who will destroy you and your allies and stick together. Because it is Israel that will have to mop up the blood of their youths and clean up the mess you just made.


No comments: