Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Barak Obama--->The New Seinfeld

"Hawaii... The most sought-after postal route of them all. The air is so dewy-sweet you don't even have to lick the stamps."-Newman in Seinfeld

Honestly, I was only 6 when President Kennedy died, so I couldn't really tell you if Obama is the new Jack Kennedy as it has been claimed (He never killed anyone in his car so he isn't the new Ted either).

If Senator Barak Obama is the second incarnation of anyone in my generation, he is the new Seinfeld not the comedian but the TV Show. That isn't necessarily a a bad thing, the show was once voted by TV Guide the best sitcom of all time (I guess they never watched Married with Children but I digress). The reason that Seinfeld was so funny is all of those distinct narcissistic characters talking about nothing to each other, and hearing nothing that the others said (if you haven't seen the show you wont understand).

Obama's campaign is about absolutely nothing. No real programs, no details, no specifics--nothing but images. "Vote for me I am change". "I am the hope for the future". You kind of expect him to come out with "I am the master of my own domain" or "No Soup for you !"

And his supporters are the ones who bought into Obama message of nothingness. "We are the agents of the future". Absolutely no one knows what that means, and nobody can the tell me what Senator has ever done, but he kind of makes us feel good with his empty words.
"You ever notice how happy people are when they finally get a table? They feel so special because they've been chosen. It's enough to make you sick."-Elaine, Seinfeld
But for the rest of us we just sit and stare in amazement! A candidate who never did anything is bringing excitement to the Democratic party. What does that say about about that party and its followers ?
"You really need some help. A regular psychiatrist couldn't even help you. You need to go to, like, Vienna or something. You know what I mean? You need to get involved at the university level, like where Freud studied, and have all those people looking at you and checking up on you. That's the kind of help you need. Not the once-a-week for eighty bucks, no. You need a team. A team of psychiatrists working around the clock, thinking about you, having conferences, observing you like the way they did with the elephant man. That's what I'm talking about, because that's the only way you're going to get better."- Seinfeld, Seinfeld
I would continue but the doorbell is ringing and I have to go.....hello Newman !

1 comment:

Truth Unites... and Divides said...

If Obama-mania keeps going and growing unabated, then I think there's an excellent possibility that Barack Obama will be elected President in 2008.