Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Obama's Desperation-HOW DO YOU THROW GRANDMA UNDER THE BUS?

Senator Obama's speech today was just what I thought it would be, eloquent, heart-felt, appealing to most liberal of voters and the biggest, most cynical crock of crap-ola since Bill Clinton did not have sexual relations with that woman. He blamed everyone and everything but himself for the controversy. Lets look at the worst of the worst.

Blame the Media:
I confess that if all that I knew of Reverend Wright were the snippets of those sermons that have run in an endless loop on the television and You Tube, or if Trinity United Church of Christ conformed to the caricatures being peddled by some commentators, there is no doubt that I would react in much the same way
Folks this "endless loop of videos" he was talking about were being SOLD by Trinity United Church of Christ. It wasn't someone with a spycam, this is what the church sold to others. Its what the church WANTED people to know what it was about.

He Voted Against it before he voted for it:
Did I know him to be an occasionally fierce critic of American domestic and foreign policy? Of course. Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes.
Wait a second, didn't he say the other day that was NOT present for any of Wright's hate speech? Which is it? You know this "change agent" is beginning to sound awfully like a traditional politician.

Everyone Does it !
Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely – just as I’m sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests, or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed.
I don't know about you folks, but I have NEVER heard my Rabbi say that America caused Aids to kill off the people of color. He has made some nasty comments about the NY Yankees, but they were totally understandable.

Blame God?
...stories of David and Goliath, Moses and Pharaoh, the Christians in the lion’s den, Ezekiel’s field of dry bones. Those stories – of survival, and freedom, and hope – became our story, my story; the blood that had spilled was our blood, the tears our tears; until this black church, on this bright day, seemed once more a vessel carrying the story of a people into future generations and into a larger world
I have been hearing this rationale behind Wright's spewing of hatred since last week when the story broke. Well thats what the Prophets said. I may not be a bible scholar but I have read the Prophets...they in NO way say anything close to what Obama's evil Rev says. The prophets message always ended with reconciliation and were NEVER about hatred. And I can guarantee you that Amos never said, "God damn America"

Blame Grandma?
I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother – a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe.
This is the lowest of the low. I don't even care whether its true or not. Your GRANDMA? The woman you just sad raised you, sacrificed for you over and over, a woman who loves you more than anything and YOU THROW HER UNDER THE BUS ON NATIONAL TV. That's your Grandma. This sickened me, he wants to be president so bad that he embarrasses his grandma in front of the world. Think about it, is nothing sacred with this guy? Man I hope I never get that desperate.

How do you like them Mets?

When I am faced with a question that I don't want to answer, sometimes I will jokingly say, "How do you like them Mets?" a not to subtle way of changing the subject. That's what Senator Obama did today. The question he was asked was, "How do you sit in a Church and Listen to that putrid hate speech for 2o years? " His first reaction on Friday was to lie and say that he never heard them first-hand. Today he spoke about race it was a nice flowery speech but it didn't answer the question. He probably would have gotten more votes in Philadelphia talking about the Phillies.

1 comment:

Christinewjc said...

Excellent point that the videos were being SOLD BY THE CHURCH!!

Good points about his not-so-hidden message of blaming God and blaming (as well as embarrassing) his own Grandma!

Sheesh!!

I'm so appalled that he has gotten this far in the Dem nomination campaign. My husband mentioned that maybe this firestorm of a controversy was a gift from God so that people will be shaken from their Kool-Aid drinking mesmerization with this would-be-messiah-imposter Tower of Babble.