Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Obama Prayer Scandal is a Cynical FRAUD

Almost from the second that the Obama Prayer showed up in Ma'ariv there was a debate whether it should have been published. Here in the blog world there were nasty debates regarding whether blogs should be posting the private prayer of a public person. Even in synagogue this past Saturday there was a loud debate regarding whether the note should have been published.

Regular readers of these pages will note they didn't see the note here. Not because of the private nature of a prayer, but because the entire thing smelled. As I told Yael of Boker Tov Boulder on Friday, commented on Atlas Shrugs , and my Rabbi on Saturday), I did not believe that a Yeshiva Student would violate the sanctity of someones personal prayer to God and even more important was the fact EVERY SINGLE Second of Obama's "world tour" was detailed for maximum political effect. If a guy could hang campaign posters at such a holy site as the Kotel, he could cynically stage the release of the Prayer that was written by his staff.

Sadly the news came out today that I was correct. Ma'ariv announced to day that the whole thing was done with the cooperation with the Obama Campaign

A Ma'ariv spokesman was quoted in the Jerusalem Post as saying that "Barack Obama's note was approved for publication in the international media even before he put in the Kotel, a short time after he wrote it at the King David Hotel in Jerusalem."

The paper added that is was "pleased" with its "journalistic accomplishment."

The campaign might be less pleased with another pronouncement by Maariv: "In any case," the spokesman said, "since Obama is not a Jew, publishing the note does not constitute an infringement on his right to privacy. Source

First of all the Paper is 100% WRONG! Most Rabbis would agree that ANY note in the Kotel is private, whether written by a Jew or a Gentile (you won't find 100% of Rabbis agreeing on anything)

Most important is the fact that this supposedly religious man is so cynical about his relationship with God, that he allowed his campaign to fake a theft of his note to God, in order to look good politically.

Today the "Yeshiva Boy" supposedly returned the letter, I predict that this act also, will be proved as another act of political theater.

4 comments:

Akiva said...

Thanks for pointing this out Yid. Your cynicism was 100% correct and on the mark.

Me, I'm disgusted.

Anonymous said...

GOOD CALL, Y.W.L.

That didn't occur to me immediately after I read it, but it didn't take long. I couldn't believe a Yid would do something like that. I then thought through who really could have done it, and after I mulled that over for a bit, the realization that it was probably someone from his campaign followed very quickly. A few hours later, over Shabbos, I had a disagreement with a fellow in Shul about it. He claimed thought Maariv said the Rabbi did it. I told him "no way" as did the other fellow sitting with us (who said essentially the same as you). I said I would bet that it was one of Obama's people who did it. (On "Sunday, July 27, 2008 at 04:13 AM" I posted a response to your comment, which I was glad to see someone dealing with this correctly.) -- In summary, there are probably a lot of us who came to the same conclusion that this is a blood-liable (I used that term in my discussion over Shabbos), and thanks for being the point man in exposing that. It should have been a no-brainer for everyone from the get-go.)

Anonymous said...

OH, AND I ALMOST FORGOT

You say "[Obama] is so cynical about his relationship with God, that he allowed his campaign to fake a theft of his note to God, in order to look good politically", Consider that this also casts him as "THE VICTIM." Let's see now, what group of people fakes victimization in order to advance their agenda? Hmmmm, no, don't tell me, I should know this one...

Hey, Akiva, it's yonason from Tampa. Regards!

Anonymous said...

WOW, a lot of people are wise to that turkey...

"As I said from the beginning, the prayer was a choreographed and staged presentation. Notice that Obama or his campaign have not owned up to the reality that they have created and allowed to flourish.

They want him to be perceived as persecuted."