Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

OBAMA LIED TO BILL O'REILLY

Those of you who saw Senator Obama on Bill O'Reilly last night might remember that Bill asked the Senator how often he went to church, the senator said around 2x a month. And that Reverend Wright was not a "mentor." But back in 2004 BEFORE he was running for Pres.(and before the world realized that his preacher was a hate-monger) Obama sat down with Cathleen Falsani for an interview. Ms Falsani was the religion editor of the Chicago Sun-Times so naturally religion was the topic. Some of the things he said to Falsani did not match what he said to on Fox last night. Below are some relevant highlights(H/T Ed Lasky):
OBAMA:
So that, one of the churches I met, or one of the churches that I became involved in was Trinity United Church of Christ. And the pastor there, Jeremiah Wright, became a good friend. So I joined that church and committed myself to Christ in that church.

GG:
Do you still attend Trinity?

OBAMA:

Yep. Every week. 11 oclock service.

Ever been there? Good service.

I actually wrote a book called Dreams from My Father, it’s kind of a meditation on race. There’s a whole chapter on the church in that, and my first visits to Trinity.

GG:
Do you have people in your life that you look to for guidance?


OBAMA:
Well, my pastor is certainly someone who I have an enormous amount of respect for.
I have a number of friends who are ministers. Reverend Meeks is a close friend and colleague of mine in the state Senate. Father Michael Pfleger is a dear friend, and somebody I interact with closely

GG:
Where do you find spiritual inspiration? Music, nature, literature, people, a conduit you plug into?


OBAMA:

There are so many.
Nothing is more powerful than the black church experience. A good choir and a good sermon in the black church, it’s pretty hard not to be move and be transported.
The Volokh Conspiricy has cuts from interviews where the Senator Calls Wright his spirital Advisor.

Obama told O' Reilly that he never heard Wright make one of his hateful speeches, that is also a lie, he was seen at at least one of them.

Last night there was tons of Spin in the "no spin zone"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should check out the second paragraph on page 2 of the article on NRO at:

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=OWMxNGUxZWJjYzg1NjA0MTlmZDZmMjUwZGU3ZjAwNmU=

QUOTE:
Trying to construct a wide-ranging alliance of churches, Obama succeeded with Love and a few other ministers, but he was hampered by the fact that he didn’t go to church himself. “I said, ‘If you go to a pastor, and you ask him to come get involved in a community effort, and you say you have a group of churches, and that pastor asks you what church you belong to, and you say none — then it’s hard to get that pastor on board,’” Love recalled telling Obama. “He said, ‘I know, I understand, I’m working on it.’ He said, ‘I believe, I’m just waiting for the right spot, the right place, the right time.’”