- A successful Jewish revolt against a Syrian empire ruled by the Seleucid dynasty of Greek kings some 2,200 years ago
- A revolt against assimilation and the attempt to impose Hellenistic culture on ancient Judea
- A Celebration of the re-dedication of the Holy Temple
- Recognition of a Miracle where one day's worth of oil burnt in the menorah for eight days
- A Civil War against those Jews who assimilated and rules Israel without remembering that God was involved in every aspect of our lives including governance
Olmert, Livni and Barak have worked hard to please their Hellenist Kings, Bush and Rice. Instead of remembering what Judah the Maccabee did at at Modin they look toward Medina. Even the Shas party which entered the government to protect Jerusalem as Jewish, sold themselves for political power.
Israel has leaders who sneak into the side entrance to so they can negotiate with people who want to destroy them, forgetting what others have learned before:
It is incredible what political simpletons Jews are. They shut their eyes to one of the most elementary rules of life, that you must not "meet halfway" those who do not want to meet you.And once again, just like all of the other times, Israel has been dumped for political expediency by the Jewish People. The American Jewish Community proved their assimilation by helping to elect a new president with anti-Israel advisers. Our American Jewish Community, has fallen in love with their political connections and lost their connection with their Jewish Roots.
--Ze'ev Jabotinsky, The Iron Wall November 4, 1923
When push comes to shove, those Jews who believe in God must stand up and fight, just like they did over two thousand years ago. After all Maccabee stands for "Who is like you o Lord?
As we begin this Chanukah holiday, we must redouble our efforts to rally for the cause of right...and we must Pray to God that he sends us a Maccabee instead of the leaders we have now both in Israel and in the American Jewish Community.
Not By Might Not By Power, But By My Spirit Alone---it doesn't mean don't fight...it means don't fight without God in your heart.