More than a loss in Job approval, this poll show a loss of trust in the President.The number of Americans who say they trust the president has fallen from 66 % to 54%, those who say they do not trust the president has jumped from 31 to 42%.
The Democratic Party has also taken a major hit, only 42% of respondents report that they trust the Democrats, vs. 52% who don't, an inverse of March’s survey, in which 52% trusted the party and 42 % did not. The GOP also lost support from 40% percent in March to 36% in the new poll.
Other key findings include:
- Only 44 percent of those polled said the federal government is headed on the right direction.
- Only 32% of Americans trust that the federal govt. will manage finances responsibly.
- 45% feel that the Porkulus stimulus plan will have a positive effect on economy
- A plurality of voters, 40%, feel that that a government managed health plan will make the health care problem in the country worse, 44% say that it will increase the cost of health care.
- Almost 2/3rds of voters (63%) think that Obama will raise their taxes
To read the entire study Click Here Poll: Public losing trust in Obama