Steve Clemons, foreign policy head of George Soros' New America Foundation, announced Hagel's move at the Tuesday evening gala dinner hosted by the Anti-Israel organization J Street as part of their first annual conference.
How Anti-Israel is Chuck Hagel? Well, don't take my word for it, in an attempt to be bi-partisan below is what the the National Jewish Democratic Council (NJDC), said about Sen. Hagel's lousy record on Israel last year:
- In August 2006, Hagel was one of only 12 Senators who refused to write the EU asking them to declare Hezbollah a terrorist organization.
- In October 2000, Hagel was one of only 4 Senators who refused to sign a Senate letter in support of Israel.
- In November 2001, Hagel was one of only 11 Senators who refsued to sign a letter urging President Bush not to meet with the late Yassir Arafat until his forces ended the violence against Israel.
- In December 2005, Hagel was one of only 27 who refused to sign a letter to President Bush to pressure the Palestinian Authroity to ban terrorist groups from participating in Palestinian legislative elections.
- In June 2004, Hagel refused to sign a letter urging President Bush to highlight Iran's nuclear program at the G-8 summit.
“Potential presidential candidates for 2008, like Hillary Clinton, John McCain, Joe Biden and Newt Gingrich, were falling all over themselves to express their support for Israel. The only exception to that rule was Senator Chuck Hagel …” [Council on American-Islamic Relations, 8/28/06]Then there was that nice little speech he made during the Senate debate about the surge where he seemed to justify terrorism by the Palestinians "who have been chained down." (see video below).
Folks, think about this long and hard. President Obama has been throwing Israel under the bus since right after election day, this is only one more example. Obama can show such disdain for Israel, by publicly dissing Israel at every opportunist while making no demands of the Palestinians, supporting the division of Jerusalem and adding advisers with a strong Anti-Israel stance, like Chuck Hagel to his administration. It is clear that Obama's attitude is the opposite of former Secretary of State James Baker, who exclaimed F**K the Jews, they wont vote for us anyway. Obama's version is F**K the Jews, they WILL vote for us anyway. Lets hope he will be surprised in the next election.