Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Friday, December 18, 2009

DISGUSTING!!!: Rock the Vote & Hollywood Make Ad Promoting Teens Withholding Sex as Way to Sell Obamacare

Rock the Vote says their mission is to engage and build the political power of young people in order to achieve progressive change in our country. It uses music, popular culture and new technologies to engage and incite young people to register and vote in every election.

In 2009 Rock the Vote got into Issues advocacy one of which is Obamacare. Its latest attempt to push the President's health plan involves, foul language and sexual innuendo to get students to advocate for the plan. It features young actors Zach Gilford, and Eva Amurri to suggest to our youngsters that they not "f**K" anyone who does not support healthcare.

Watch the video below (warning there is use of cursing in the video) If you cannot see video click here.



Look, I am no prude, but it seems to me that if we are going to teach our young adults to exercise their obligations as a citizen, we should be doing it in a more Adult-like way. Certainly using curse words and suggesting teens withhold sex (which they shouldn't be having anyway) is not the way to do it.

Even more important is the question whether it is responsible for a group such as Rock The Vote, to be promoting teenage sex. Because if they say don't have sex with people who are against Obamacare, they are also saying its cool to have sex with people who do.

Not surprisingly the one of the Directors of Rock The vote, is SEIU President Stern. Who maybe is just trying to increase his union rolls with teenage pregnancies.

If you want to contact Rock The Vote and tell them what you think...Click here

9 comments:

WRALFORD said...

It is likely that people who advocate for socialized medicine would also tend to be the most promiscuous.

Steve J. said...

Look, I am no prude,

Yes you are. Do you recall Lysistrata? or even the 60s?

Unknown said...

You are so right. It's completely wrong for a marketer to try to communicate with its target audience in terms that that audience would understand.

And besides, young people never have sex or use swear words.

Anonymous said...

It's satire.

It's meant to be funny.

Did you miss the part of the embedded video where it says that it is hosted at the website "funny or die?"

It's not meant to be taken literally. It's meant to encourage people to get involved by using a creatively arranged set of outrageous situations in order to get people to laugh, feel good about the overall message, and then get involved in a sensible way.

How did you not get that? I'm 65 years old, I'm often and idiot, and I got that in, like, ten seconds.

Flemington Tea Party said...

It's always amazing how the libs will rationalize ANYTHING with "it's meant to be funny", "it's a satire", blah blah. What a load of hogwash.

Now we have a supposedly "political" organization, albeit a far left one, encouraging teenagers to prostitute (or not) themselves for the proper political views. And the proles defend it! An Orwellian occurrence that didn't even occur to Orwell!

Alec Rawls said...

What vermin. Diseased minds, and everything else.

Mr. Rogers thinks they were joking? What part of "never ever" (repeated fifteen times) doesn't he get? Oh they were just kidding. 65 years stupid.

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, but my first vote cast for President was for Richard Milhous Nixon, 1960. Since that august moment, I have voted for exactly *zero* Dumbocrats.

So, because I have acquainted myself with the lingo of the loony left, and figured out the sophistication of their satirical content, primarily so that I can use it against them, I come in for some grief, eh?

Well, I welcome your hatred. I will stand against ignorance everywhere and smite it with my smiting rod of ignorance.

Anonymous said...

--and, yes. Yes I did vote illegally when was just 17.

Why?

Because by 5PM on election day, everyone knew the filthy Kennedys were stealing the election, and my Father ordered me to produce a falsfied identification in order to vote.

I voted legally for the first time some time after that. I think I skipped the '64 election and voted in 1966. I have to research that.

Jerry said...

These are the tools we want youth to embrace for political reform? Using sex and bribery to influence decisions?
Sex for votes........awesome, future sluts of America unite.

http://doodiepants.com/2009/12/22/mtv-pushes-youth-use-sex-to-rock-the-health-care-vote/