Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Monday, May 24, 2010

Sorry Richard Blumenthal, An E-Mail From A Staffer is NOT an Apology

Yesterday  Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal has issued a formal apology for his continual lies  his military service during the Vietnam War, sort of:

After nearly a week of criticism following revelations that he misrepresented his military record and five days after a press conference in which he expressed regret for his misstatements, Democratic U.S. Senate nominee Richard Blumenthal apologized.

"At times when I have sought to honor veterans, I have not been as clear or precise as I should have been about my service in the Marine Corps Reserves,'' Blumenthal said in a statement emailed to the Courant late Sunday by his spokeswoman, Maura Downes. "I have firmly and clearly expressed regret and taken responsibility for my words.

"I have made mistakes and I am sorry. I truly regret offending anyone,'' Blumenthal said. "I will always champion the cause of Connecticut's and our nation's veterans."
Last week Blumenthal rented a VFW hall to give his response to the charges that he lied about serving in Vietnam. At the press conference he expressed regret for the claims which he said were innocent mistakes. What he should have said is that he screwed up, he was sorry and it would not happen again.

Since the last Tuesday press conference, other local Connecticut newspapers have unearthed more statements showing Blumenthal claiming he served "in" the Vietnam War, as opposed to during it.


Yesterday's email showed that Blumenthal does not have the guts to be a Congressman. Instead of "maning up," he had an aid send an email at the end of the news day. Sorry Mr. Blumenthal, but an email from a staffer is NOT an apology, its a cop out.


If you cannot face the cameras and say in your own words, I screwed up I am sorry, then how can voters believe that you can face the incredibly difficult issues that the US Senate has to tackle.








1 comment:

Mike aka Proof said...

Guess we won't have to update "Profiles in Courage" after all!