Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Trump Hubris: If Loses GOP Nod, Will Probably Run as Independent

If anything, Donald Trump is sure of himself. After flirting with the crazy side, with his birther claims, Trump is further alienating the GOP voters with a threat to run as an independent if he does not get the GOP nomination.  He told the WSJ today:
“I hate what’s happening to the country,” said Mr. Trump, a real estate tycoon and host of the NBC show “Celebrity Apprentice.” He will not formally make a decision until June, however, when this season of his television show is over. “I can’t run during the airing of that show,” Mr. Trump said, “I’m not allowed to.” But he said he would make an announcement “by June” and his candidacy looks increasingly likely.
...“I am very conservative,” said Mr. Trump. “The concern is if I don’t win [the GOP primary] will I run as an independent, and I think the answer is probably yes.” Mr. Trump said he thought he “could possibly win as an independent,” adding, “I’m not doing it for any other reason. I like winning.”
If you can't see video below: click here 



It seems as if the early polls have gone to his head. This is the height of hubris, "Vote for Me or I will Destroy You."

"The Donald" has his head so stuck up his ego that he doesn't get the fact that those poll results are more a function of his name recognition and the fact that it is so early most  people do not really take polls seriously than future voter support.

In the end Trump's populist rhetoric will not be taken seriously by potential voters, "We won the war. We take over the oil fields" does not represent the preferred foreign policy of most Americans. Telling China to go shove it sounds nice, but since they hold so much of our debt, we may need a policy that shows a bit more finesse than that.

I am not saying that there shouldn't ever be a third-party candidate for president. But Trump is a farce. It would be sad if America gets stuck with four more years of Barack Obama because of the narcissism of Donald Trump.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

LL said...

The field of tepid and 'unelectables' representing the GOP have emboldened Trump.

Anonymous said...

Polls will show the people like a lot about Trump.GOP better realize much of their base is now Tea Party.They wont vote for GOP reteads like McCain, Dole, anymore.This election may be the last for the GOP.

Steve D said...

Nadering the Tea Party! Go for it Donald!