Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

MUST WATCH VIDEO- An Expert's View on The Contemporary Middle East

My friend and teacher Barry Rubin has been giving a series of lectures imparting his wisdom about what is really happening in the Middle East. The video below the lecture he gave in Amsterdam:

Barry adds the following notes:

I think this gives a good view of my current thinking and hope you find it useful.

By the way, I note that I misspoke at one point when I referred to Turkey and Iran as the two non-Muslim-majority states in the region. I intended to say the two non-Arab Muslim-majority states in the region. And in saying Tunisia is the most secular state "in the world" (18 minutes) I intended to say most secular Muslim-majority state in the world.
(If You Cannot See Video Below Please Click Here)

1 comment:

AmPowerBlog said...

I saw Rubin speak in L.A. earlier this year. He changed my view of things radically. A great guy.