Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Monday, April 9, 2012

Hey---I'm Disabled (Where's My Free Stuff?)

By accident today, I learned something new about myself--according to President Obama, I am disabled. On the White House website there is an infographic bragging about the President's accomplishments in selecting judges. One of them was


Wow, at first I thought "liberalism is a disability?" but I realized Obama would never make that classification. So who and what is the disabled justice?  Kevin Drum of Mother Jones explains:
But when I clicked the link to take a look at the White House's latest graphic wizardry, I was surprised to learn that one of Obama's Supreme Court nominees was the first ever with a disability to win confirmation. I had no idea. But Google, as always, is my friend, and after first coming up dry on Elena Kagan, I discovered that Sonia Sotomayor has diabetes.

Did I already know this? Maybe. My memory is so bad that I couldn't tell you whether I once knew this and have forgotten, or whether I had never heard this before. In any case, I guess I've added two new bits of knowledge to my brain pan today: (1) Sonia Sotomayor has diabetes, and (2) diabetes is considered a disability. Live and learn.
Live and learn no kidding. I have type two diabetes, that makes me disabled according to President Obama...how cool is that!   As soon as I am done with this post I'm going to Disability.gov:
Disability.gov is the federal government website for comprehensive information on disability programs and services in communities nationwide. The site links to more than 14,000 resources from federal, state and local government agencies; academic institutions; and nonprofit organizations. You can find answers to questions about everything from Social Security benefits to employment to affordable and accessible housing.
There are many disabled people who actually need those benefits, but this is Obama's America, whether I need them or not I am now disabled and deserve the freebies.

If you disagree---well that means (according to our President and his progressive buddies) you want to make the disabled suffer simply to make the first half-black POTUS look bad.  That makes you a racist who hates disabled people. I deserve free stuff... Shame on you!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being the parent of two youngmen with disabilities your post is insulting. We do not have disability services because we want free stuff. Most with disabilities cannot work. They tend to be the first ones fired and last ones hired. This society discriminates especially against those with invisible disabilities like autism spectrum disorders. We do NOT get free stuff. We pay taxes like everyone else. Your ignorance about disabilities, disability services, how difficult they are to obtain and society's inclusion of those with disabilities speaks volumes as to why society views conservatives as anything but compassionate. Try walking in our shoes for awhile and see the world as it really happens to be. Shame on you for such a religious man you are a hypocrite.