Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Please Pray for My Friend and Teacher Barry Rubin



A few weeks ago my friend and teacher Barry Rubin, a non-smoker his entire life, was diagnosed with lung cancer.

I spoke to him last week, and he was in obvious discomfort.

But thankfully, with the right medical attention, God willing, Barry will be around writing and teaching and most importantly enjoying his  family and friends for a long time.

Yesterday Barry took the first step big step in treatment:
I'm about to undergo an operation to attempt to drain the fluid from my lungs by inserting a tube. This will take 3-5 days and i will be in hospital. It is possible I will not be able to communicate during this time. They will then try to seal the lungs-which if it succeeds will help me. We will then begin chemo and other therapies. The operation is said not be dangerous. Please expect no correspondence or articles from me during this period. It is hoped that by next week i will be pretty -normal and undergoing care. I have wonderful doctors. I hope and believe we will be together again in future. With all my gratitude for your being good readers and interested in my thoughts. I hope I have been helpful to you
Good doctors will help, but I invite you to join me in praying to God to give Barry's doctors strength and wisdom, and to keep his spirits high so he can fight off this disease--prayer does work.

When Jewish people pray for someones health we use their Hebrew name and the Hebrew name of their mother, for Barry that would be Baruch Ben-David ben Ilana.

Please add this good person, Baruch Ben-David ben Ilana,  to your prayers.

2 comments:

Emil J Milano said...

My prayers are for a swift healing for Baruch Ben-David ben Ilana. My family and I will continue to keep him in our daily prayer.

Shalom

Emil J Milano

Emil J Milano said...

My prayers are for a swift healing for Baruch Ben-David ben Ilana. My family and I will continue to keep him in our daily prayer.

Shalom

Emil J Milano