- 38) “If liberals like it, it’s subsidized; if they don’t, it’s prohibited.” — Ann Coulter
- 33) The wonderful fact of American life is that most American civil liberties and civil rights organizations have little reason for their continued existence. The NAACP, therefore, has to justify its existence. Which it does by manufacturing crises (and hopefully garnering media attention). Without major eruptions of racism, its raison d’etre disappears — along with its funding. — Dennis Prager
- 27) A 2,700-page law is not a “law” by any civilized understanding of the term. Law rests on the principle of equality before it. When a bill is 2,700 pages, there’s no equality: Instead, there’s a hierarchy of privilege micro-regulated by an unelected, unaccountable, unconstrained, unknown, and unnumbered bureaucracy. It’s not just that the legislators who legislate it don’t know what’s in it, nor that the citizens on the receiving end can never hope to understand it, but that even the nation’s most eminent judges acknowledge that it is beyond individual human comprehension. A 2,700-page law is, by definition, an affront to self-government. — Mark Steyn
- 22) My working poor parents told me that I could do better. They taught me that I was as good as anybody else. And it never occurred to them to tell me that I could just rest comfortably and wait for good old Uncle Sugar to feed me, lead me and then bleed me. — Mike Huckabee
- 20) An armed man is a citizen – a disarmed man is a subject. — Allen West
- 13) As my father-in-law once said, when they talk about taxes it’s always for teachers, firemen, and police — but when they spend your taxes, it always seems to go to some guy in a leather chair downtown you never heard of. — Glenn Reynolds
- 7) (If the rich are evil) why are you sitting in their library? Why are you sitting in their hall? Why did I just listen to a whole show on orangutans with no commercials that they paid for? — Adam Carolla
Oh and John--if you see this--- we need to talk before you make next year's list, I thought my "Honey will you stop at the supermarket and bring home Oreo Cookie Ice Cream" or my "no son daddy doesn't have a cash machine in his belly" were classics and should have been on this year's list.
For the rest of you It is well worth your time to read the 40 quotes that made the list.