"No matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise to the American people," Obama said addressing the American Medical Association. "If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what." He didn't let up."If you like what you're getting, keep it," Obama said. "Nobody is forcing you to shift." Source
In a way the president was correct, the government would not force a change, but of course he knew exactly what would happen, your employer can and will force a change. Today the CBO reported:
President Obama's health care law will push 7 million people out of their job-based insurance coverage — nearly twice the previous estimate, according to the latest estimates from the Congressional Budget Office released Tuesday.
CBO said that this year's tax cuts have changed the incentives for businesses and made it less attractive to pay for insurance, meaning fewer will decide to do so. Instead, they'll choose to pay a penalty to the government, totaling $13 billion in higher fees over the next decade.
But the non-partisan agency also expects fewer people to have to pay individual penalties to the IRS than it earlier projects, because of a better method for calculating incomes that found more people will be exempt.
Overall, the new health provisions are expected to cost the government $1.165 trillion over the next decade — the same as last year's projection.
We can put this lie on top of the other Obamacare lies such as:
- Yes there ARE Death Panels: They all laughed at Sarah Palin when she started talking about death panels. They aren't called that but the President Obama’s health care law empowers IPAB an “unelected, unaccountable” panel of bureaucrats to make decisions that will cause people to lose access to health care treatments. Who says so? After a bit of adept questioning by Fox's Chris Wallace--Robert Gibbs, Obama's former press secretary admitted
- The Law Will Protect Medicare: CBO: Medicare cuts could "reduce access to care or diminish the quality of care." (CBO Director Doug Elmendorf, Letter To Sen. Harry Reid, P. 1, 17, 11/18/09)
- Obamacare Will Lower Premiums:"…increase was tied to provisions of the federal health care overhaul…" ("Employer Health Premiums Rise Sharply," The Wall Street Journal, 9/27/11)
- Obamacare Will Slow The Growth of Healthcare Costs: CMS ACTUARY RICHARD FOSTER: "[W]e estimate that overall national health expenditures under the health reform act would increase by a total of $311 billion (0.9 percent) during calendar years 2010-2019..." (CMS Actuary Richard Foster, Memo, P.4, 4/22/10)
- There Will Be No Tax Increases Because of Obamacare:Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA): "Yes, we've had to raise some taxes and fees to pay for this bill." (CSPAN's Washington Journal, 12/22/09)
- Obamacare Will Not Add One Dime to the Deficit: Doug Holtz-Eakin & Michael Ramlet: "A more comprehensive and realistic projection suggests that the new reform law will raise the deficit by more than $500 billion during the first ten years and by nearly $1.5 trillion in the following decade."("Health Care Reform Is Likely To Widen Federal Budget Deficits, Not Reduce Them," Health Affairs, 6/10)
In fact practically everything we were told about this bill was shoved down our throats was a lie. Not that one would ever know it from listening to the mainstream media. For the supposed fourth estate everything is unicorns and roses.