Today they released a statement supporting Obama's ramp up to war in Syria:
Barry Curtiss-Lusher, ADL National Chair and Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director, issued the following statement:This is not even close to the first time the ADL as strayed from its mission to support the progressive agenda with money donors' believed was being used for a different purpose. Below are some examples:
We welcome President Obama's demonstration of U.S. leadership in responding to the use of chemical weapons in Syria. In recent days, President Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry have forcefully made the case for United States action against the Syrian regime in the wake of its use of chemical weapons against its own citizens.
The president clearly and unequivocally identified the significant national security interests of the United States and moral imperative underlying his decision to use military force against Syria. We support the president's decision.
Congress should act swiftly to add its voice to hold President Bashar al-Assad accountable for the wanton slaughter of his own citizens.
Any nation that violates international norms and obligations which threaten the peace and security of the world must face the consequences of those dangerous acts.
- Supported Partial Birth and other forms of Abortion. In 2008, urging both parties to adopt a pro-choice stance in their presidential platforms. I wonder if Abe Foxman realizes that not all Jews support the ADL's pro-choice position.
- Promoted politically divisive Start Treaty
- Lied about the facts of Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case to support President Obama
- Before Chuck Hagel was appointed to Defense Secretary position they strongly opposed his selection. Once Obama named Hagel they tamed their words considerably.
- Advocates for Gay Marriage. Remember in NY#9 when many Orthodox Jews voted against the Democrat because he voted for the New York State Gay Marriage Bill? Well Abe Foxman's ADL couldn't care less.
- Tried to get supporters of Israel to stop criticizing Barack Obama's Anti Israel policies"
- Issued a "White Paper" promoting the progressive's negative PR spin about the Tea Party movement. They said the Tea Party was part of the "New Rage in America"
- Refused to recognize the anti-Semitism present within Occupy Wall Street, until Andrew Breitbart’s BigGovernment.com embarrassed them into making a statement.