Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Bashir Too Disgusting For MSNBC -Announces "Resignation" (MSNBC Still Refuses to Condemn Remarks)

MSNBC’s Martin Bashir, who had been absent from his show for nearly two weeks, announced via an email  to Mediaite that he would be "resigning" from his show in the aftermath of saying someone should urinate and defecate in Sarah Palin’s mouth (OK he was probably fired but ya'll know how it works).

During is absence MSNBC had maintained that the host was on vacation.

Bashir said in a the letter:
After making an on-air apology, I asked for permission to take some additional time out around the Thanksgiving holiday.

Upon further reflection, and after meeting with the President of MSNBC, I have tendered my resignation. It is my sincere hope that all of my colleagues, at this special network, will be allowed to focus on the issues that matter without the distraction of myself or my ill-judged comments.

I deeply regret what was said, will endeavor to work hard at making constructive contributions in the future and will always have a deep appreciation for our viewers – who are the smartest, most compassionate and discerning of all television audiences. I would also wish to express deepest gratitude to my immediate colleagues, and our contributors, all of whom have given so much of themselves to our broadcast.’
MSNBC President Phil Griffin reacted to the firing  resignation via a statement sent to Politico:
"Martin Bashir resigned today, effective immediately. I understand his decision and I thank him for three great years with MSNBC. Martin is a good man and respected colleague  -- we wish him only the best."
Obviously Bashir had to go especially after MSNBC cancelled Alec Baldwin for a homophobic statement he made in anger in the middle of a street, Bashir's statement was scripted and made on air. The two week disappearance was done to see if things calmed down. If they had Bashir would have been back, but sites like TruthRevolt (which I write for) kept the pressure on, thus Griffin had to give Bashir his walking papers.

It is interesting that even when he announced the Bashir "resignation" Griffin did not condemn Bashir's comments, meaning there is probably more gutter remarks coming from MSNBC.

No comments: