Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Wendy Davis Blames HER Lies On Political Trickery -Says Paraplegic Opponent Should Walk Day In Her Shoes


While most of the the media had been covering Chris Christie on a 24/7 basis Texas Gubernatorial Candidate Wendy Davis got caught embellishing (polito-talk for lying) her biography. Her response to getting caught were pretty absurd as she used her lie as an excuse for bashing her opponent.
Davis, now 50, has long said she first took a job at 14 to help support her single mother and three siblings in Fort Worth, Texas. By 19, she was married and divorced with a child of her own and living in a mobile home.

After community college, she graduated from college at Texas Christian University and with honors from Harvard Law School. She later returned to her home state and built a successful legal career before jumping into politics.

But the Dallas Morning News reported Sunday that Davis was 21 — not 19 as stated in her online Texas Senate biography —when her first marriage ended in divorce. Also, Davis and her daughter Amber lived only a few months in her family's mobile home.

Things got easier financially when she married her second husband, attorney Jeff Davis. His income helped raise Amber and the couple's daughter together, Dru, as well as pay for her to finish college and attend Harvard. Jeff Davis also kept the couple's two daughters while their mother was studying in Boston and, when the couple divorced in 2005, he won parental custody and she was ordered to pay child support, according to the newspaper.
If Davis had been a Republican instead of the Democratic poster child for abortion, her lies would have been a leading news story, instead it has been barely reported.  Instead of being contrite she implied that the Dallas Morning News was just a tool of the Abbot campaign and lashed out at her opponent.
“We’re not surprised by Greg Abbott’s campaign attacks on the personal story of my life as a single mother who worked hard to get ahead. But they won’t work, because my story is the story of millions of Texas women who know the strength it takes when you’re young, alone and a mother. I’ve always been open about my life not because my story is unique, but because it isn’t.

The truth is that at age 19, I was a teenage mother living alone with my daughter in a trailer and struggling to keep us afloat on my way to a divorce. And I knew then that I was going to have to work my way up and out of that life if I was going to give my daughter a better life and a better future and that’s what I’ve done. I am proud of where I came from and I am proud of what I’ve been able to achieve through hard work and perseverance. And I guarantee you that anyone who tries to say otherwise hasn’t walked a day in my shoes.
Davis' opponent Greg Abbott cannot walk in her shoes, he has been in a wheel chair since he was 26-years-old after a tree fell on him while running and paralyzed him from the waist down. Perhaps Davis didn't remember that because Abbott does not use his struggle as a campaign tool like Ms Davis does. 

In the end this issue has nothing to do with Davis' struggle to keep her family afloat on her way to a divorce, it has everything to do with telling the truth to the voters. And the media should be all over her for the lie and her response.
Meanwhile, another potential question about Davis' past comes from the Facebook page of her mother, Ginger Cornstubble, which references attending Muleshoe High School in West Texas. That contradicts a 2012 suggestion by Davis that her mother had just a sixth grade education.
Now Davis says her mom went to High School until ninth grade.

Makes one wonder what else she is lying about. 

No comments: