This is how it was reported by the Huffington Post:
Abraham Foxman, the group's national director and a leading voice in the Jewish community, told The Jewish Daily Forward that the controversy over Netanyahu's speech is unhelpful. He added that Netanyahu should stay home.Foxman is right when he says the speech had been highjacked by politics, but rather than call out those who are making it political, the White House and Democratic Party leadership, the man who made the ADL a leftist political group told the Israeli Premier to cancel his speech.
“One needs to restart, and it needs a mature adult statement that this was not what we intended,” Foxman said in an interview published Friday. “It has been hijacked by politics. Now is a time to recalibrate, restart and find a new platform and new timing to take away the distractions.”
The truth IRS really wanted to go after charitable organizations that are blatantly political they would go after the ADL, but then that will never happen because the ADL is a huge supporter of progressive politics and President Obama. But ever since Abe Foxman has taken over the group has abandoned its mission to fight anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry, and is using its donated tax-free funds to concentrate on a political agenda.
For example, while most were questioning the President's confusing announcement about going after ISIS last September, like the good soldier he is Abe Foxman praised it:
In President Obama’s announcement of a wider campaign to stop the growing threat from ISIS, he set down a marker to all terrorist organizations: Threaten the United States, and the United States will take action. While this operation will be complex and difficult, U.S. leadership in countering this force for terror and instability is essential.Under Foxman ADL regularly strays from its mission to support the progressive agenda even though its donors' believe their money was being used for a different purpose. Below are some examples:
- Supported Partial Birth and other forms of Abortion. In 2008, urging both parties to adopt a pro-choice stance in their presidential platforms. I wonder if Abe Foxman realizes that not all Jews support the ADL's pro-choice position.
- Promoted politically divisive Start Treaty
- Lied about the facts of Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case to support President Obama
- Before Chuck Hagel was appointed to Defense Secretary position they strongly opposed his selection. Once Obama named Hagel they tamed their words considerably.
- Advocates for Gay Marriage. Remember in NY CD#9 when many Orthodox Jews voted against the Democrat because he voted for the New York State Gay Marriage Bill? Well Abe Foxman's ADL couldn't care less.
- Tried to get supporters of Israel to stop criticizing Barack Obama's Anti Israel policies"
- Issued a "White Paper" promoting the progressive's negative PR spin about the Tea Party movement. They said the Tea Party was part of the "New Rage in America"
- Refused to recognize the anti-Semitism present within Occupy Wall Street, until Andrew Breitbart’s BigGovernment.com embarrassed them into making a statement.
If you wish to donate to the progressive movement allow me to suggest you donate to Organizing for Action--they do it better. If you want to donate to a Jewish Organization allow me to suggest you don't donate to the ADL, there are hundreds of Jewish Organizations dealing with Jewish, or other worthy charitable work, unlike the ADL those groups don't lie about their mission, they don't waste their time and your donations being political wannabes.
UPDATE: As another example of their progressive agenda..the ADL is even getting involved in Gamer Gate. They have created a one-sided school curriculum claiming gamers are sexist. But the video below explains why the curriculum should not be used.