Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Monday, July 23, 2012

Rasmussen: Most Americans Do Not Want Stricter Gun Laws

In a poll conducted after the horrible shooting in Aurora, Colorado last week, Rasmussen reports that most Americans do not want stricter gun control laws by a ten point margin (51 to 41%).  While 68% of Democrats favor more regulation,  Republicans (74%) and independents (55%) oppose any additional regulation.

Most Americans (76%) have been following the Batman shooting story closely which among other things makes one wonder what planet the other 24% of the population lives on.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that just nine percent (9%) of American Adults believe public places can be made completely safe against violence like the incident in Colorado. Seventy-nine percent (79%) disagree and say they cannot be made safer.

These findings are similar to sentiments measured in February just after three students were fatally shot in an Ohio high school. Just 12% believed at that time that schools can be made completely safe against violence like the incident in Ohio.
A plurality of Americans believe that gun control will have no effect on violent crime:
Thirty-four percent (34%) of Americans believe stricter gun control laws will decrease violent crime in the country, a finding that also has fluctuated little over the years. Nineteen percent (19%) believe stricter laws will increase violent crime, while 41% say they will have no impact.
Of course facts, public opinion, and the US Constitution have no sway when it comes to progressives such as Mayor Mommy Bloomberg of New York who are calling for stricter gun control.  They know better than us, have their own facts, and look at our founding documents as a road block, slowing them down from achieving their progressive goals.

No comments: