Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Questions The President Isn't Being Asked--From An Unemployed Blogger

Like many of you, I watched President Obama's "Speech interrupted by by softball questions" that was made to look like a press conference last night. None of the serious questions that should have been asked, were asked.  The President likes to speak of people out of work, well  I lost my job the day after labor day, so maybe he will answer some of these:

1) Mr. President you are rightly concerned about all the people out of work, I appreciate that. Tell me, how many of those people could get a Job if we deported some of the millions of people here illegally?

2)  Speaking of Illegal Aliens why will they be getting $500 per family in your stimulus plan? I am an American Citizen who has paying taxes since I got out of College.  These people broke the law to get here, why are we rewarding breaking the law with a check? In Fact why are we rewarding them with ANY social services.  You cant tell me that they are getting jobs Americans wont take, there are too many of us out of work.

3) Speaking about breaking the law, there is a $5.2 billion dollar housing fund in the bill.  ACORN under investigation for trying to tamper with our most precious institution, Elections.  Would you agree to a provision that ACORN will not be eligible for those Housing Dollars unless they are cleared in all of those cases?

4) You keep saying that you want to pull the US away from foreign Oil. Then why did Interior Secretary Ken Salazar has canceled leases for energy exploration on 77 parcels of federal land in Utah?

5) You say that you are for bi-partisanship.  How come you blame this entire crisis on the Republicans, totally ignoring the role of Democrats such as Barney Frank and Chris Dodd in fighting the regulation of Fannie and Freddie?  How come you don't mention your own involvement when you were an attorney and sued Citibank on the behalf of ACORN, forcing them to make bad loans?

6)  The Stimulus bill has a provision that will track my medical treatments  electronically by a federal system. It also establishes the new bureaucracy, the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology, will monitor treatments to make sure your doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective. The goal is to  “guide” my doctor’s decisions. This seems a little like 1984. Aren't you turning my medical treatments into a commodity determined by a bureaucracy?

These questions are just a start sir, I would appreciate some honest answers...but I doubt that I will get them.

No comments: