Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Uh-Oh: Is Bill Ayers Breaking Up With Barack Obama ?

UH-OH, is Barack Obama losing Bill Ayers as a supporter? Obama's may be on the "outs" with his old friend who is not really a friend but, "a guy who lives in my neighborhood, who's a professor of English in Chicago, who I know and who I have not received some official endorsement from. He's not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis." 

Apparently the domestic terrorist who absolutely, positively never wrote Obama's book for him,is upset with the POTUS' escalation of the war in Afghanistan. He is criticizing the president's new policy of deploying 30,000 additional troops to Afghanistan while promising to start drawing down those forces in July of 2011. Ayers feels that it is the start of another long running war like Vietnam.
"I am here demonstrating against the war because I am appalled and alarmed that once again we are escalating the war,'' Ayers said, in the interview above captured on the streets of Chicago this week.(see video below) "The idea that there are benchmarks for getting out is a myth and a lie.


"The fact is that, you know, you cannot imagine a scenario where six months from now or 18 months from now the administration would say, well we didn't meet our benchmarks, therefore we're leaving. This is an absolute tragedy for the Middle East, for Afghanistan and us.''
Of course Ayers' "not friend" President Obama would disagree. He said so during his speech Tuesday night:
"There are those who suggest that Afghanistan is another Vietnam,'' Obama said. " They argue that it cannot be stabilized, and we're better off cutting our losses and rapidly withdrawing. I believe this argument depends on a false reading of history.


" Unlike Vietnam, we are joined by a broad coalition of 43 nations that recognizes the legitimacy of our action. Unlike Vietnam, we are not facing a broad-based popular insurgency. And most importantly, unlike Vietnam, the American people were viciously attacked from Afghanistan, and remain a target for those same extremists who are plotting along its border. '
I hate when long-time "not friends" don't get along. I that's why I am officially inviting Bill Ayers and Barack Obama over to my house for a beer (sorry Bill, you will have to submit to being frisked for bombs before you enter). Pick your beer, I will even provide some Kosher Snacks.  What do you say guys? In the meantime just watch the video below. (If you can't see video click here)




Source Chicago Trib

No comments: