Of course, Donald Trump took all the credit, “I am really honored and I am really proud, that I was able to do something that nobody else could do,” Of course he forgot to mention the fact that two days before he told Anderson Cooper that a believable source who he could not name told him that the birth certificate was missing. I guess it got "un-missing" Mr. Trump.
And like the person who wins the lottery but complains that his take was only a few hundred million Trump isn't done. In his next breath, Trump declared that Obama needs to release his Occidental College school records, to dispel rumors that he was a bad student who did not deserve a transfer to Columbia University,or his acceptance to Harvard Law School.
“How do you get into Harvard if you are not a good student?” Trump said. “I don’t know why he doesn’t release his records.”Oh Puleeze. Who Gives a flying Frisbee!
This nonsense is a losing issue that will do nothing but alienate the moderate voters who are needed to beat Obama in the 2012 election. That is the objective--Nobama!
But I want everyone to know that I can compromise, I am willing to join the side of the tin-foil hat crowd, but only after we are done bashing the president on the following real issues (in no particular order) which have a much more urgent priority:
- Drill Here Drill Now
- High Taxes
- High Deficit
- Gun Control
- China our arses
- Oil Prices are too high
- Lousy Relationship With Europe
- Appeasing Terrorists
- Protecting the Borders
- Enforcing the Law the same way for Caucasians and members of the New Black Panther party.
- Enforcing the Law against ACORN
- Enforcing the Law against CAIR
- The Pigford Scandal
- Favoring Muslims Over Christians and Jews
- The Stupid War in Libya
- Leading From the Back
- Energy Taxes
- Giving Money To Brazil To Drill For Oil
- Treating Our Ally Israel Like a Rogue Nation
- Federal Funding For Abortion
- Ending Subsidies for Big Oil
- Not Ending Subsidies For Electric Cars
- Not Ending Subsidies For Farmers Who Don't Farm
- Not Ending Subsidies For Ethanol
- The Wasteful Stimulus Bill
- Cap and Trade
- The EPA's Regulation of Exhaling (CO2)
- The FCC's Attempt to Take Over The Internet
- Favoring Unions over The General Public
- Getting Involved With Local (Wisconsin) Issues
- Telling a Guy With 10 Kids To Buy a New Fuel Efficient Car And Then Using Air Force One to Fly to Chicago (on our dime) Simply to Appear on Oprah
- Forcing All Stimulus Construction Contracts to be Granted to Union Shops or to Shops That Raise Their Wages/Benefits to a Union Level Even Though Only 14% of Construction Companies Are Union--Causing a 20% Increase In The Cost To The American Public
- Being the Most Divisive "Unifying" President in the HistoryT of America
- Lying About His Health Plan Not Forcing People To Change Insurance Providers
- Lying About His Promise For A Transparent Presidency
- Having Different Rules for Syria and Libya
- Announcing The War On Libya and Instead of Staying In Washington to Show Support for the Troops in Harm's Way, running off to Brazil With Your Family Before The Ink Was Dry on The Orders
- QE 2
- The Auto Bailout
- Your Half of the Banking Bailout
- Ignoring the BP Disaster for the First Two Months
- Refusing The Offers of Allies to Help With The BP Disaster Until The Public Complained
- Going Against Honduras When They Tossed Their President, Even Though Honduras was Following Their Constitution.
- John Holdren, Science Czar
- Cash For Clunkers
- Trying to Intimidate Insurance Companies When They Told The Truth About Obamacare
- Bashing The Chamber of Commerce For Exercising Their Right to Free Speech While Being Silent About Government Unions Spending As Much or More on Campaign Donations as the Chamber
The point is that some of the above are very important, some are not so important, but all of them are more important than the birther, education or any of the tin foil hat issues. All of them are more likely to sway voters away from supporting Obama than the tin foil hat issues.
So if you don't believe that the birth certificate is real, or you think he lied about his education fine. But realize that what you are really saying is that you do not want Barack Obama to be President. The best way to make that happen is to pick out one of the real issues above, or the other fifty real issues that come to mind, anything but these silly distractions.
I understand that you may believe that this is an issue of constitutionality, honesty, morality or even chastity but we need to keep our eyes on the believable issues to win the real prize, a new President in 2012.
UPDATE: Some people are claiming that the fact that you can take today's birth certificate and split it into layers using Adobe Photoshop or Acrobat means its fake. PJ Tatler explains why this too is nonsense.