Today is international "Everybody Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day,"precipitated by the domestic terrorists campaign of intimidation against conserve bloggers such as R.S. McCain, Aaron Worthing, Liberty Chick, Patterico, and others. The guy even has a website dedicated to trashing Andrew Brietbart (he went after Andrew while he was alive also), Kimberlin has as site called Breitbart Unmasked which I will not grace with a link.
Stacy McCain calls the ”Breitbart Unmasked” site Not Brett Kimberlin because of the claim that Kimberlin is not behind the site. If it isn't Kimberlin than it must be some sort of psychic because the nameless blogger has posted details of the Kimberlin/Mrs. McCain incident which "The Other McCain" has never discussed in public or published.
Rather than give the list of all the bad things he has done, or talk about the money he as gotten from Barbara Streisand and George Soros' Tides Foundation, Teresa Heinz Kerry and other progressive one percenters, I will focus today on some of his most violent crimes
Labeling Brett Kimberlin a terrorist is more a function of my inadequate verbal skills than his fitting in to a traditional definition of terrorism. For me, a terrorist is someone who uses violence (or the threat of violence) against non-combatants to frighten the general public and weaken their collective wills in order to achieve some sort of political goal. While the first part violence and frightening describes Kimberlin, there is no real political goal, he uses terror to protect himself. He is accused of committing violent acts as part of a cover-up to avoid prosecution for other violent acts. There is no political goal, just a base criminal trying to stay out of jail. This Ponzi scheme-like reign of violence is more aptly described as narcissism than terrorism.
On July 29, 1978, Speedway resident Julia Scyphers, 65, answered a knock at her door. A man she didn't know was standing on her stoop asking about items she'd recently tried to sell at a yard sale. She let him into the garage to look at the items and he shot her in the head.The motive behind the crime would only come out later. According to police the victim believed that Kimberlin had an inappropriate relationship with one of her young granddaughters. The child's Mom worked for the narcissist at his vegetarian restaurant. . Grandma Julia was so concerned about the suspected relationship she'd arranged for both of her granddaughters to come live with her.
Mrs. Scypher's husband, Fred, 68, heard the bang and came out in time to see a car pulling out of the driveway. He would later tell police he'd gotten a glimpse of the man who'd come to the door.
When the police learned of the Grandmother's protective action they began to consider Kimberlin a very likely suspect for the murder. Police suspect that Kimberlin had his associate William Bowman shoot the 65-year-old grandma for revenge. Neither William Bowman or Brett Kimberlin were tried for the crime. Bowman who was eventually arrested with Kimberlin as part of a drug bust,was picked out of a lineup by the crime's only witness, the victim's husband. Police believed Kimberlin was behind it and hoped to get Bowman to reveal the connection as he faced his own trial. Sadly Fred Scypher died soon after and because there was no witness charges were dropped.
A month after the crime, toward the end of August, the police pressure on Kimberlin increased and "coincidentally" something else began to happen in the town of Speedway. During the week of Sept. 1-6 bombs began to go off through out the town.
With each bomb there was new evidence.
They found bits of the timer, including one big enough to identify the specific brand. Only one local store sold that particular timer. Police showed the store clerks several photos and one of them picked out Brett Kimberlin.
Meanwhile at a different store, a Westside print shop, the proprietor was becoming suspicious of customer who wanted to reproduce military drivers licenses. The shop owner called the U.S. Army and when the customer came back, on Sept. 20, an Army investigator was there too. The customer was wearing a security guard's uniform with Department of Defense insignia. It was Brett Kimberlin.
This gave the bombing investigators a break because Kimberlin had violated federal law by wearing the DoD insigina. They obtained a search warrant to inspect the car he'd driven to the print shop. In the trunk they found timers just like the ones used for the bombs, and they found chemical traces of Tovex, the explosive used in the bombs.It took take three separate trials to convict Kimberlin of the bombings. In the first trial he was found guilty of impersonating a DOD security guard but the jury was hung on all the other charge. A year later, Kimberlin was convicted of illegal possession of explosives and a hung jury on the rest. The third trial was the charm -it took 53 days and 118 witnesses and ended with a conviction on the bombing charges on Oct. 15, 1981. He was sentenced to 50 years in prison.
There was only one death attributed to the Speedway Bombing case and it was a suicide. Carl DeLong was maimed in the killers final bombing. He lost a not only lost his right leg, but his left leg had been severely damaged also. Carl's body was riddled with shrapnel from the bomb, which kept him in horrible pain. After 11 operations he knew he'd never get any better than that. On Feb. 23, 1983, he closed his garage door and sat in his van with the engine running. Carl's wife Sandra (who had also been injured in the bombing), won a $1.6 million judgment against Kimberlin in civil court. see Kimberlin v. DeLong, 637 N.E.2d 121 (Ind., 1994),
Even before his release from prison 10 years ago, Brett Kimberlin had learned a lesson that has served him well: If you publicly accuse a well-known political figure of crimes or misdeeds -- even without proof -- publicity and money will follow.Maybe that's why rich progressives like to fund Kimberlin's "charities" Velvet Revelation and Justice Through Music, as the fake accusation is also a standard weapon of the left, especially since Obama began to his run for the oval office. After all, are Kimberlin's fake charges against Quayle much different than the left's nasty habit of accusing anyone who disagrees with the president of racism?
Kimberlin, a convicted bomber and drug dealer, learned that lesson in 1988, when he claimed from his prison cell that he had been Dan Quayle’s marijuana dealer in college. The claim got a lot of attention because Quayle was running for vice president of the United States at the time.
Now, 22 years later, Kimberlin has taken that lesson and made unfounded accusations a profession of sorts. Using two popular leftist blogs, the 56-year-old from Bethesda, Md., has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars from the public and left-leaning foundations by promising to put conservatives he disagrees with in jail, often with offers of large rewards. So far -- without success -- he has called for the arrest of Karl Rove, Andrew Breitbart, Chamber of Commerce head Tom Donohue, Massey Energy Chairman Don Blankenship and other high-profile public figures.
As for Kimberlin, he continues is reign of terror, not with violence but with the threat of violence...not with criminal acts but with "lawfare" abusing the court system by filing false charges and lawsuits. But Kimberlin is still not a terrorist, he is not using lawfare to scare people and achieve a political end. Brett Kimberlin is still a low-life criminal narcissist, littering the courts and the internet in an attempt to frighten conservatives away from his violent crimes.
Since this is Everyone blog about Brett Kimberlin Day Below are some links to Kimberlin posts put up during the past 24 hours-the list was compiled by yours truly and by Duane Lester-The All American Blogger). I will continue to update this thoughout the day so if you want me to add your post either email it to me (yidwithlid at aol dot com) or tweet it to me (twitter handle Yidwithlid)
Please click on each of the links below and learn everything about this danger to society:
- Three Beers Later – Brett Kimnberlin and Money for… Not Much, Really…
- Camp of the Saints – D-Minus-1: Preparing For Everybody Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day
- Daily Pundit – Of Course: I Should Have Seen It Sooner! Kimberlin Is Auditioning!
- Publius’ Forum – Brett Kimberlin: Liberals Embrace Convicted Criminal as Their Own
- WyBlog: I stand with Stacy McCain, wherever he is
- Ace of Spades – Brett Kimberlin Plotted To Have Witnesses, Former Assistant US Attorney Killed; Had Another Scheme To Have an Inmate Plant Another Bomb So That LEO’s Would Think They Locked Up The Wrong Man
- The Other McCain – Lying Felon Can’t Stop Lying
- Flap’s Blog – Day By Day Featuring Brett Kimberlin for May 24, 2012
- American Glob – STACY MCCAIN SUMMONS THE ARMY OF DAVIDS
- All American Blogger- Who Is Brett Kimberlin, Why You Need To Know and The Biggest Linkaround EVAH!
- All American Blogger-Podcast of Interview with Stacy McCain
- The Campaign Spot National Review-Why Are SWAT Teams Being Used as Tools of Harassment?
- Patterico – Convicted Bomber Brett Kimberlin, Neal Rauhauser, Ron Brynaert, and Their Campaign of Political Terrorism
- The Other McCain – Maybe The #BrettKimberlin ‘Justice Through Music Project’ Is Just A Leslie Nielsen Reference
- Pirate’s Cove – Stand Against Abusive Felon Brett Kimberlin (sticky for the day)
- The Camp of the Saints: D-Day: OPERATION #BrettKimberlin Is Underway [Updated Below]
- The Lonely Conservative – Speedway Bomber Brett Kimberlin Poked a Bees Nest
- Big Government: Kimberlin Funders Stunned to Discover they Fund Kimberlin
- The Agitator: Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day
- Gay Patriot – I stand with Stacy. And Aaron. And Patterico
- Bookworm – Hurrah! It’s Everybody Blog About #BrettKimberlin Day
- Rhymes with Right – Brett Kimberlin — Terrorist
- The Mental Recession – Today We Stand Up Against Serial Domestic Terrorists, Today We Stand Beside Champions of Free Speech
- The Lid – Brett Kimberlin: The Narcissistic Terrorist
- All Patriots Media – The Quick Six – Blog About Brett Kimberlin Edition – 5/25/12
- The Other McCain – KimberlinFiles.org
- HillBuzz: Domestic Terrorism On The Internet: The Brett Kimberlin Saga
- The Stix Blog:Today is a Day We Stand Up For Free Speech
- Evil Blogger Lady – Brett Kimberlin
- Reason: Patterico, Brett Kimberlin, and the Super-Chilling of Free Speech
- Right Wing News: Interviewing Robert Stacy McCain About Brett Kimberlin
- Faustasblog: Blog About #BrettKimberlin Day
- Michelle Malkin Free speech blogburst: Show solidarity for targeted conservative bloggers; Update: It’s Everybody Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day; Donation fund for targets-Also Michelle has links to other Kimberlin here posts not found on this site.
- The Blaze: Meet Soros-Funded Domestic Terrorist Brett Kimberlin Whose ‘Job’ Is Terrorizing Bloggers Into Silence
- Radio Patriot: An Army of Davids Marches Forth
- The Tatler-It’s Lying Felon Brett Kimberlin’s Day in the Sun
- Marathon Pundit: Expose Brett Kimberlin: We won't be bullied anymore
- Cold Fury: This means war
- RedRedhead-Brett Kimberlin: Liberal Activist and Domestic Terrorist
- A Little California Dog:Who is Brett Kimberlin, and why should you care?
- Stacy on The Right: Blogburst For Freedom And Against Brett Kimberlin
- The Minority Report: Today is “Everybody Blog/Tweet/FB About #brettkimberlin Day”
- The Conservatory: Notorious Domestic Terrorist Brett Kimberlin Exposure Day Post [With Lots of Updates]
- The Right Scoop: Who is Brett Kimberlin? #Brettkimberlin
- The Mental Recession: Today We Stand Up Against Serial Domestic Terrorists, Today We Stand Beside Champions of Free Speech
- American Power Blog: #StandYourGroundConservatives! — May 25th Solidarity Blogburst Stands Up to Brett Kimberlin and the Left's Intimidation Network
- Ben Franklin Slept Here-The Brett Kimberlin Photo Gallery
- Mulieris Dignitatem: Giving Scumbag All The Attention He Deserves
- My Two Cents Worth:Blogging About Brett Kimberlin
- Shout First, Ask Questions Later-Giving Scumbag All The Attention He Deserves
- Film Ladd-Top Ten Signs You Are Being Harassed By Brett Kimberlin
- Absolute Moral Authority: Brett Kimberlin Day
- Atlas Shrugs: “Speedway Bomber” Brett Kimberlin Threatens Blogger
- dagelijksestandaard.nl (for our Dutch Readers) Conservatieven geven linksgekkie Brett Kimberlin koekje van eigen deeg
- Lawrence Person's Battle Swarm Blog: My Obligatory Blog Post About Convicted Felon Brett Kimberlin
- Riehl World View: Why The Brett Kimberlin Story Is A Bigger Problem For Progressives Than You May Realize
- Protein Wisdom: I think I was meant to be intimidated [updated]
- The Franklin Center: Holding Political Terrorist Brett Kimberlin Accountable
- The Jawa Report: Convicted Bomber Brett Kimberlin, Neal Rauhauser, Ron Brynaert and Their Campaign of Political Terrorism
- Jim Hoft, the Gateway Pundit, Writing for FreedomWorks: FreedomWorks Stands With Our Fellow Conservatives on 'Everybody Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day
- Erik Soderstrom: Go Forth and Research Brett Kimberlin
- Ben Howe On Red State: Kimberlin’s Associates Caught on Tape?
- Long Time Gone: Brett Kimberlin Domestic Terrorist
- Bookworm: Hurrah! It’s Everybody Blog About #BrettKimberlin Day *UPDATED & BUMPED
- Diary of Daedalus: Charles Johnson still refuses to admit his ties to Neal Rauhauser and Brett Kimberlin
- Nice Deb: Everyone Blog About Brett Kimberlin Link-Around
- The Iconic Midwest-Breaking My Silence For Convicted Domestic Terror Bomber Brett Kimberlin Day
- Letters From Glome: Brett Kimberlin and His Cohort of Baddies
- Villainous Company:Must Read Post of the Day. Possibly, the Year
- LorieByrd.Com: Harnessing the Power of the Right Blogosphere: "Everybody Blog About Brett Kimberlin" Day
- MRC TV:Did "Speedway Bomber" Brett Kimberlin Write a Song About One of His Victims?
- The Water Cooler: PICKET: Sen. Hatch - 'No surprise' Kimberlin is harassing conservative bloggers-Utah GOP'er had 'run-ins' with Kimberlin before
- Ironic Surrealism: Scandalous! Convicted Bomber & Blogosphere Terrorist #BrettKimberlin Is Partnering With The State Dept.
- A Plebe's Site: Progressives, Terrorists, and Civility
- A Conservative Lesbian: Fight political terrorism by convicted felon Brett Kimberlin, Neal Rauhauser and Ron Brynaert
- Wake Up America: Brett Kimberlin, Speedway Bomber: This Is Part Of The Free Speech Blogburst -Hashtag #BrettKimberlin
- Babalu':“Everybody Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day”
- My Thoughts: In Honor of Carl Delong
- The Razor: BlogBurst Friday for Free Speech
- Catholic Bandita: Why the Brett Kimberlin Story Could be a Tipping Point
- That Mr. G Guy's Blog:Soros-Funded Campaign of Political Terrorism
- The Trenches: For Brett Kimberlin, It All Started With A Little Girl
- Simple Justice: Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day
- NoOneOfAnyImport:Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day #BrettKimberlin
- Twitchy: Media malpractice: Even with #BrettKimberlin trending, lapdog media remains silent
- Ricks Rants: 41st Rant: Brett Kimberlin
- The Write Side of My Brain: Who is Brett Kimberlin and why should I care?
- Chicks on the Right: Watch This. This Is How Low Liberals Will Go To Silence Conservatives.
- Mimsy Were the Borogoves: Using the police as a weapon
- Me And My Soldier Man: THE NIGHT I COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED BECAUSE OF MY BLOGGING
- Legal Insurrection: A Brett Kimberlin situation “could happen to you”
- McNorman: This Can Happen To Anyone & It’s WRONG
- Midnight Blue Says: Stand Up For Free Speech Blogburst
- Allergic To Bull (one of Kimberlin's Victims):If You Are Coming Here for the First Time Today
- Lee Stranahan (The Guy Who Got This Started): Welcome To Everybody Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day.