Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I LOVE MY DOG-----BUT I Will NEVER.....


I can be convinced of the error of my positions on almost any issue.  But one of the things I stand firm on, is my dog is the cutest, most lovable, and smartest dog in the entire world.  That might sound a bit prejudice but tough! I love my dog Soos (her name comes from the Hebrew word for horse. We gave her that name because my daughter rides horses and this was the closest her father was going to come to purchasing her a equine of her own).

Soos is very smart except for one issue--she really believes I am the boss, my wife ever the animal lover lets her maintain that conception.

While I love my dog, she is a dog!  We have never purchased a doggie sweater or galoshes for the winter, no sunglasses and she gets dog food and dog treats, no people food (unless she steals something when we're not looking).

We will also not be purchasing DogTV (see video)



DogTV is the first TV network aimed at dogs...no kidding its is a real 24-hour channel that will be unleashed on DirecTV starting Aug. 1. According to PTV Media, the company behind DogTV, it spent more than four years developing and testing a 24-hour TV channel aimed at pups of all breeds.

For the first two weeks of August, DogTV will be available for free to any DirecTV subscriber. Pooch owners who register to subscribe before Aug. 10 will receive 30 days free through mid-September, after which the channel will be $4.99 per month.
What, exactly, is on the network? Forget human-oriented fare like “Old Yeller” or “Lassie”: DogTV’s programming comprises 3- to 6-minute video clips in three categories: relaxation, stimulation and “exposure,” which centers on segments designed to habituate dogs to domestic stimuli (like riding in a car with a toddler).

“The dog-approved programming content was created to entertain, relax and stimulate stay-at-home dogs, so owners don’t come home to ripped-up couches, shredded magazines or a favorite pair of heels chewed to bits,” the company says

OK, but do dogs really watch TV — or is this just a gimmick aimed at people who love their canine companions as if they were children? The network cites a survey conducted by the American Kennel Club and IAMS dog food that found nearly half of dog owners said their pets showed “some interest” in what was happening on the TV screen.


Folks, I don't care if they have hot dobermans with six-pack abs for my dog to watch...I would much rather waste the $60 a year on bones and/or chew toys.  What my dog doesn't have she won't miss. Besides If I get Soos in the habit of watching TV she will never finish reading the collected works of Shakespeare she started last year.

1 comment:

Findalis said...

This is highly discriminatory! What about a Cat TV? A Gerbil TV? A Parakeet TV? I could go on.