Monday saw a large march of global warming supporters through the streets of Manhattan--even the UN Secretary General and the Mayor of New York joined the 'fun". I wonder, however what the politicians and the marchers really know about what they are marching for? It is seriously doubtful they have done anything more than listen to the scary speeches of the global warming proponents.
So to make it easier for them, I have created a list of eight facts about global warming, to which those folks making the scary cannot respond. Everything below is a fact and I invite the folks who marched in Monday's 'parade' to come up with a response, and if they can't they can ask the parade organizers to respond. I will print every response as long as it deals with the facts below.
1) Through September first of 2014- The Earth hasn't warmed in 17 Years And 11 Months. Heartland Institute analyst, Peter Ferrara, notes“If you look at the record of global temperature data, you will find that the late 20th Century period of global warming actually lasted about 20 years, from the late 1970s to the late 1990s. Before that, the globe was dominated by about 30 years of global cooling, giving rise in the 1970s to media discussions of the return of the Little Ice Age (circa 1450 to 1850), or worse.” So there was thirty years of cooling followed by 20 years of warming and almost 18 years of cooling...and that's what the global warming scare is all about.
2) Antarctic Sea Ice is at record levels and the Arctic ice cap has seen record growth. But to get around those facts, the global warming enthusiasts are claiming that global warming causes global cooling (really).
3) Carbon Dioxide (CO2)is not a pollutant, it's what you exhale and it is what "feeds" plants. Without CO2 there would not be a single blade of grass or a redwood tree, nor would there be the animal life that depends on vegetation; wheat and rice, for example, as food.
4) There is not ONE climate computer model that has accurately connected CO2 to climate change. In fact CO2 is at its highest levels in 13,000 years and the earth hasn't warmed in almost 18 years. Approximately 12,750 years ago before big cars and coal plants CO2 levels were higher than today. And during some past ice ages levels were up to 20x today's levels.
5) Even with the relatively high levels there is very little CO2 in the atmosphere. At 78% nitrogen is the most abundant gas in the Earth’s atmosphere. Oxygen is the second most abundant gas-of-life in the atmosphere at 21%. Water vapor is the third most abundant gas-of-life in the atmosphere; it varies up to 5%. Exhale freely because carbon dioxide is the least abundant gas in the atmosphere at 0.04%.
6) You are more likely to see the tooth fairy or a unicorn than a 97% consensus of scientists believing that there is man-made global warming. The number is a convenient fraud. Investigative journalists at Popular Technology reported the 97% Study falsely classifies scientists' papers, according to the scientists that published them . A more extensive examination of the Cook study reported that out of the nearly 12,000 scientific papers Cook’s team evaluated, only 65 endorsed Cook’s alarmist position. That is less than 0.97%. How did they come up with 97%? Well out of all the scientists who had a definite opinion, 97% agreed there was global warming and it was the fault of mankind. And how did the Cook folks determine which scientists believed what? They didn't ask, they read papers written by these scientists and came up with their own opinion.
7) I changed my mind...this past February, Patrick Moore, a Canadian ecologist, and the co-founder of Greenpeace, the militant environmental group told members of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee “There is no scientific proof that human emissions of carbon dioxide are the dominant cause of the minor warming of the Earth’s atmosphere over the past 100 years.” There are more like Moore.
8) Back to Ice Age-- predictions. If my Mom of blessed memory were still alive, she would tell me to run out to the store and purchase heavy sweaters and a extra warm winter coat. In fact after reading this story she would issue a major Jewish Mother Sweater Alert all because there is new evidence that the Earth may be heading toward an ice age (please stop crying Mr. Gore).